EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Primal Screams and Random Chatter > Primal Scream Room

Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
foodcity
Visitor

Exclamation how sony ruined house item prices on the broker

Argh! Sony ruined the prices on house items on the broker with the sc marketplace! Too many nice house items on the marketplace, not enough made by carpenters! Need more recipes for special house items! The broker prices went down from 60 gold apiece for highest tier to ten gold apiece when the marketplace got intriduced to the game!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Isilithe
Visitor

While I agree , there are some unique items on station cash, doesn't mean everyone will buy with real life cash. pixel plat is a lot less painful to part with.

having all crafters maxed shawled etc, I found over last two years very little income from them, tend to keep them current for convenience and for friends.

seems most people want is consumeables i.e. new food/drinks potions arrows, etc. which is a shame
Isilithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
foodcity
Visitor

Default agreed

i agree, too many people want consumables, nobody wants house items. on unrest server, most people dont even CARE what their GH or house looks like, they just drop random quested house items they get in their house and just leave it there for no purpose. i often say: too many raiders, not enough crafters and decoraters. soo many people only care about raiding and leveling themselves in adventuring, and dont even bother with crafting. its just plain SAD that nobody trys their hand at decorating, just throwing random house items they get in there house.

that, and station house items just arent worth it for how little you get. the house items are GENERALLY rather small and useless when it comes to large scale decorating. their just trying to get too much money out of people and not let them truly ENJOY the game. when the building block items should have been added to carpenter recipe books, they added it to SC marketplace carpenters need new, FRESH house item recipes. there are some carpenter faction recipes, but not as many as armorer and tailor and such. just not enough INTERESTING house items!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
Niami DenMother
'Mum

I have to respectfully disagree. If anything, the marketplace has spurred a lot more interest in decorating, especially with huge echoing prestige homes suddenly needing filling. My carpenter is actually the one alt that can consistently make good money from selling stuff on the broker, when I feel inclined to craft and market. Part of that, however, is not only having every single possible faction/quest recipe there is, but also doing the legwork of some extra broker-diving before I start a crafting/selling session.

Things like furniture from the Forgemaster faction and Drunder recipes sell well for me - rallosian dividers in both sizes, rallosian weapon racks, the newer paintings ... The newer crafted floor tiles that were added to match the existing crafted dividers, the new stone-look dividers. Anything plant-related (the Nektulos pine trees and the two potted lilies come to mind), tapestries, rugs, mirrors ... things where folks are likely to need multiples of an item for a decorating project ... I keep a mental list of what has sold well for me in the past, and do a quick broker search to see what's already for sale. With what's got to be over a thousand furniture recipes in her book, there's always something else to move on to if I find the market glutted with certain items. I personally tend to lean towards faction recipes, or ones that take a bit more effort to get, as there is less competition there. (It seems that lots of folks have powerleveled carpenters for one reason or another, but few of them make the extra effort to quest/faction along the way.)

Perhaps it is very different on Unrest than it is on my server, or perhaps you've just not had the luck to hook up with the right folks.

If you're not listening in on /antonia_bayle.homeshow already, I would strongly recommend joining that chat channel. It will help you connect with the decorators out there, including the ones on your server, and you might find yourself some customers. You might also get ideas on other unmet decorating needs, and find yourself a market niche.

Touring some of the top homes on the housing leaderboards on your server might also give you an idea as to which crafted furniture bits are more likely to be in demand by decorators.

Yes, the above is a lot of extra "work", but I generally find it worth it in terms of broker sales, custom orders, and the like.

Also keep an eye out "soon", for a ton more carpenter recipes for things like the building blocks and such, to match all the wooden/stone crafted tile/divider combos. I want to say that Domino said it was something like 90-some new recipes, all told. That's a lot of extra work to code all the recipes and such, so we don't know when they're arriving, but carpenters will get recipes to match the many wood/stone dividers/tiles and city fests will get ones that match the city-specific tile/divider combos.

~Mum
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
foodcity
Visitor

Thumbs up too true

true, there is little competetion for the faction recipes. on my server, i am the only one who has sathirian ornamental rugs on the broker though, i usually only sell about 3 items every couple of days, even the drunder tiles and dividers and such... my server, though, has many people just crafting to put things on the broker and there is a lot of competetion involved in selling the simplelist things, like basic equipment and the various tinkered devices.

the prestige home do, in fact, provide a lot more opertunities for decorating, with the ENOURMOUS amount of space provided in several of them. though some of the prestige homes are rather small, they do make some rather interesting ideas when people really think hard on how to decorate them i have seen some rather interesting designs for the smallest home, the one based on the monk class area of part of qeynos. i cant remember the name of it, but i saw some astoundingly nice designs for it, including a rather peacefull spa!

also, i have started on the test server! i am foodcity on the test server, and i am only a level one kerra traubadour in greater faydark! one of my favorate classes to play are bards i will start leveling myself to get to the city and start crafting on him!

yes, i will have to check out that chat channel! i already tour many houses, and the most popular item i tend to see is the adamantine and fulginate dividers and tiles, and the tapestry of the steam lord i usually search for the massive homes, but i think i will start looking at the smaller homes too! more space, i believe, brings out the best on how far people go for a good decorating job

also, about the building block house items. it seems that sony is putting them in as SC Marketplace items instead of recipes, but they may be saving the recipes for later! i do hope this is true!

Last edited by foodcity; 01-24-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: adding extra information
foodcity is offline   Reply With Quote